Winter is the Best Time to Sell
I can’t even tell you enough how important it is to keep your home listed through the holidays. As a buyer’s agent, I have seen the inventory dwindle since the beginning of October, leaving a limited number of homes for sale that fit my buyers criteria.
There has always been an annual pattern, year after year, of sellers not wanting to show their home over the holidays or bother keeping the sidewalk shoveled during the winter months. However, what they don’t realize is that they are missing a great opportunity to have their home listed in a market where there is less inventory and less competition! The perfect recipe for potential multiple offers and a higher sale price!
Below is a list of the top 10 reasons to keep your home listed over the holidays.
1. Inventory of competition is lower, so your home stands out better with serious buyers. Your odds of selling go UP during this time of the year.
2. Your home shows better during the holidays while decorated for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Hanukkah. Houses feel more like ‘homes’ when you come in from the cold weather. This cozy feeling causes emotions in a buyer you can’t get other times of the year.
3. People stay home more in colder weather and online searches go way up. With today’s technology and Team Annett’s expertise in marketing your home online, the chances you get sold before the 1st of the year rise in November/December.
4. One of the highest percentages of “Listings Sold” to “Listings Taken” occur during this time of the year.
5. Winter prospects are more serious buyers. Buyers who buy closer to the end of the year often pay closer to full price than other times of the year, as they are often buying under a deadline, so have less time to negotiate and less inventory to choose from, getting you the BEST price.
6. January is traditionally the biggest transfer month, and corporate transferees who need to buy a home now CAN”T WAIT UNTIL SPRING. If you don’t list until after January 1, you might miss out on those buyers. They can’t buy your if it is not for sale!
7. Decreased demand on lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, movers and other vendors during this time can cause your closing process to be smoother and easier than during busy times of the year.
8. Selling during the winter gives you an opportunity to buy during the Spring, when inventory is high and prices are low.
9. The bottom line is that if your home is not available, you may miss YOUR perfect buyer! If you know you want to sell, don’t wait. “You can’t win if you don’t play” as they say…The question is – why delay!
10. Selling your home is the best holiday present you can get!
To list your home with Team Annett and Coldwell Banker, email us at email@example.com or call the office, 513-527-3060.
Team Annett Office